Friday, April 27, 2012

Strawberry Mug Cake

You may recall the hot cocoa mug cake that I made during finals week of last semester. Or perhaps you have forgotten it as I wish that I could. Although I consider last semester's mug cake a fail, I do still believe that the quick and easy nature of a mug cake is a great inspirational concept for finals week. I decided to make some changes to this mug cake recipe in the hopes of creating a treat with better taste and texture. Unlike hot cocoa mug cake, strawberry mug cake includes sugar and baking powder. Although it lacks the element of chocolate, it derives a sweet and fruity taste from the combination of cake and strawberries. I encourage you to take a 5 minute study break and see if an improvement has in fact been made to the mug cake recipe. All ingredients may be purchased in either Varsity Morgan or Varsity Towers. Based upon the calculated cost per serving of each ingredient, this version of mug cake will cost you $1.52. This does not include the cost of cooking spray. Good luck on finals!

Strawberry Mug Cake

Yield: 1 mug cake
Total Cost: $1.52 (does not include cost of cooking spray)
  • cooking spray
  • 5 1/2 tablespoons flour
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 strawberries, sliced
Spray inside of oversized mug with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients except strawberries into the mug. Stir until batter is smooth. Slice strawberries and carefully drop pieces on top.



Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. If cake is not done, microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Serve warm.


Reviews
"I like that it's warm."
"I like the strawberries."
"Better than the chocolate one."

No comments:

Post a Comment